Monday, June 2, 2008

when she is good she is very very good, but when she is bad she is HORRID!!!

yes, that is right... i am talking about my sweet, beautiful baby girl. the apple of my eye. the happiest thing in my world. my tiniest little best friend. who also happens to be the meanest, nastiest little piece of crap that ever walked the earth. on Saturday, while shopping at the local grocery store, where i see at least a hand full of people i know, my adorable little zoia says hello to everyone and waves and is just as sweet as can be. and then, suddenly, i pick her up out of the seat and she proceeds to flail about, doing all in her power to punch, poke, pinch, etc her unassuming mother. with keys in one hand, she clocks me in the side of the head with a full wind up and then grabs my mouth with the other hand and simultaneously pulls and pinches cheek until she is shaking and i am bleeding. yes, bleeding. and all the while the folks from my neighborhood are standing there, watching my 18 months old act like a wild animal. yeah. it was that fun. any parenting suggestions because my pleas and occasional yelps of "NO", "please, no", "don't" etc seem to fall upon deaf ears!!! maybe it's because she is cackling with such evil she can't hear me!


how can something so sweet be so bad!!?!

4 comments:

Brady Fam said...

It's Dee. K, my mom and I were just talking about that little rhyme "Good...Horrid" and I hadn't heard it before-- so pretty funny that I read it a couple days later on your title! I'm so glad Tiff had your site because Sky, shockingly, didn't send me the address when he said he would!

Amy said...

I love that rhyme, too... it's Ogden Nash, isn't it?

Anyway, obviously I don't have any real insights into dealing with this situation (except to say that I do believe that it's pretty much never too early for there to be "consequences" for bad behavior). But I hope that you'll tell me--or at least blog about it--as you figure it out, because in a year and a half, I'm going to be right there with you!

Niki said...

The only thing I can say is that I feel for you! Lizzie lets out this ear piercing scream and it is really fun in public people think that I am abusing her. The only thing that I can say is that a this age it is most likely a phase and by the time you think that you have it figured out she will be onto something else and you will wonder what happened. Also you can try if she does it at home maybe having a time out corner where she has to sit for a couple of mins usually you make them sit there for the number of mins according to how old they are but since she isn't that old I would try a couple. Really though she might be to young to understand. If you can also just try to get her under control and look her in the eyes and say No! Mommy doesn't like that it hurts and eventually she will get the point. It's all about the tone of voice you don't need to yell but you do need to be authoritative so that she knows that you mean it. Try that one first she should be old enough to get that. Good Luck!

stacie said...

i've been meaning to leave a comment on your blog for weeks now. i'm so happy to know that i am not alone. jack is ALWAYS on his worst behavior at the worst possible time. he's really outdone himself the last couple of weeks. he needs a serious attitude change and i'm not really sure how to go about that with an eight month old. we are coming to utah for a week and a half the end of june. i will call or email before we come. i NEED to see you!